[Lcdproc] autoconf 2.50 in nightly tarballs ?

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] autoconf 2.50 in nightly tarballs ?
  • Date: Sun Oct 3 13:59:01 2004

Hi,

On Friday 01 October 2004 16:21, Rene Wagner wrote:
> > I do not know enough about the whole autofoo stuff yet, but I stumbled
> > over a few errors / warnings wrt autoheader / config.h.in.
> > With those - I think - I can start.
> > BTW what are the autoconf / automake versions agreed upon ?
>
> For HEAD, I think it's safe to assume that migrating to current
> autotools is OK. That means, whatever is in debian sid ;)
I have made a few changes to the configure.in and the acinclude.m4 files
that will help migration to autoconf >= 2.50 and commited them to CVS head.

I have a few other changes locally which may break compatibility with
autoconf
2.13 (e.g. new AC_INIT() arg format, removal of acconfig.h), which work well
locally.
I hesitate to upload them to CVS head since I have not understood who creates
'configure' form 'configure.in' in the nightly tarballs.
Currently 'configure' appears to be generated with autoconf 2.13
Is it possible to use autoconf >= 2.50 to generate 'configure' in the nighly
tarballs ?

Thanks in advance
Peter
--