[Lcdproc] Running multiple Crystalfontz displays simultaneously

  • From: dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Running multiple Crystalfontz displays simultaneously
  • Date: Sun Oct 3 10:43:02 2004

The trick might be that the driver still use some "global" variable (as
oppose to instance variable).

The trick in 0.5 code is to identify those variable and move them the
the appropriate structure. I don't know(=remember) what is the trick in
0.4 kind of code. But obviously, running multiple copies of lcdproc
server each with it's own configuration file and port number.

Your problem will be to carefully specify the client port number (wich
is not always possible with every client, but ours is OK).

But you will have the ultimate testing machine for all the Crystall
Fontz display (you might have to fight a bit to make sure you talk to
the right device with the right configuration, especially with USB device).

Anyway, running 5 LCD controled by a single lcdproc server will only
introduce problem if they don't have the same size/capabilities.

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let computer expert control election...
Endorse: http://www.free-project.org/resolution/

  • [Lcdproc] Running multiple Crystalfontz displays simultaneously, David GLAUDE, 10/03/2004