[Lcdproc] HD44780 trouble

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 trouble
  • Date: Fri Oct 1 20:12:01 2004

On 1 Oct 2004 at 16:04, Peter Marschall wrote:

> But if hd44780 gets skipped if there is no parallel port the
> ConnectionType sub-driver does not get built also even if it does not need
> a parallel port.

Ah then it's not done properly. If I remember correctly in the latest CVS
the hd44780 driver will be included but only the PIC-an-LCD subdriver is
enabled.

> How to solve the problem ?
> * Recode as a spearate driver ?
> * Make the build system check for the parallal port or USB ?

So look at the PIC-an-LCD driver.

Success,
Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion