[Lcdproc] new drivers for LCDproc CVS

  • From: peter AT adpm.de (Peter Marschall)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] new drivers for LCDproc CVS
  • Date: Wed Sep 22 19:38:01 2004

Hi,

i have writtn two new drivers for LCDproc to support LCD devices that are
attached via USB.

They are realized as patches against currenct CVS and are available at
http://www.adpm.de/lcdproc/

The 2 files contain the two patches
* lcdproc-IOWarrior.patch.tgz
This files contains the patch for IOWarrior USB devices from Code
Mercenaries http://www.codemercs.com/. IOWarrior is a quite universal
I/O controller for the USB bus that has a special mode to support HD44780
LCD displays.
Although it duplicates some code, it is realized as a separate driver to get
clean USB initalization / cleanup routines and to get als litte interaction
with existing code as possible.
(Perhaps a bit re-factoring the hd44780 code can save some duplication ;-))
* lcdproc-BWCT.patch.tgz
This file contains the patch for USB LCD devices from BWCT (see
http://bwct.de/lcd.html for more information).
This driver is realized as a ConnectoionType sub-driver to the
hd44780 driver. This is due to the fact that the original patch from BWCT
that I extended, does it this way.

Both drivers depend on libusb, and both patches contain a README.xxx
(xxx = BWCT / IOWarrior) file in the top-level directory that describes how
to apply the patch.

I really appreciate if if the two patches can make it into the regular
lcdproc
CVS.
I'd appreciate it even more if the HARDWARE page of the LCDproc website
lists those two manufacturors and the devices.
Additionally I think, USBLCD can be removed from this page. They seem to have
gone out of business - see my previous post on that topy why.

... and of course feedback is welcome !

Yours
Peter

PS: I'd be interested to get write access to the CVS.

--
Peter Marschall
eMail:

  • [Lcdproc] new drivers for LCDproc CVS, Peter Marschall, 09/22/2004