[Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?

  • From: korgull AT home.nl (Marcel Janssen)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?
  • Date: Sun Sep 19 16:57:02 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 15:28, Joris Robijn wrote:
> > Fedora core2, kernel 2.6.8
>
> That's experimental stuff.

:-)
Without a 2.6 kernel my Mobo won't do much so older kernels are no option for
me anyway.

> But that does not mean LCDproc is the cause of the trouble. LCDproc only
> triggers it appearently.

Yes, that's most probable.

> Search the list archives for some more answers on this. Keywords pull-up,
> cable, and/or double characters.

This is not a home made display. Display and cables come included and I
hardly
believe that requires some extra soldering.
Actually I found someone who has this display working :
http://www.splitbrain.org/dokuwiki/ding:caselcd

I don't see any special item that this guy did. Accordingly it should work
out
of the box, just not in my case. So I guess it's related to the mainboard/cpu
etc.
I've tried changing DELAYMULT, but still no success (seems to make no
difference at all).

Regards,
Marcel