[Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?
  • Date: Sun Sep 19 13:29:01 2004

On 19 Sep 2004 at 15:22, Marcel Janssen wrote:

> On Sunday 19 September 2004 14:59, Joris Robijn wrote:
> > What driver (and maybe what wiring) are you using ?
>
> I'm using the HD44780 driver with winamp wiring.
>
> > What operating system and kernel version are you using ?
>
> Fedora core2, kernel 2.6.8

That's experimental stuff.

> > Any crashes of the machine are problems out of our reach. We do not use
> > any scary tricks, LCDd should not be able to crash your box.
> > Nevertheless it might be interesting to hear what OS and/or hardware is
> > incompatible with LCDproc...
>
> Unless there's something else going on, I'm quite sure LCDd did crash my
> box (or it must the parallel port driver that's doing it). As soon as I
> would start LCDd, the box got stuck (no keyboard, no mouse, not even
> networking).

But that does not mean LCDproc is the cause of the trouble. LCDproc only
triggers it appearently.

> Anyways, I seem to have something going now although I can't get normal
> display. I always get a display like below, no matter what I set for the
> delay (DelayMult).

Search the list archives for some more answers on this. Keywords pull-up,
cable, and/or double characters.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion