[Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?

  • From: korgull AT home.nl (Marcel Janssen)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?
  • Date: Sun Sep 19 13:23:01 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 14:59, Joris Robijn wrote:
> What driver (and maybe what wiring) are you using ?

I'm using the HD44780 driver with winamp wiring.

> What operating system and kernel version are you using ?

Fedora core2, kernel 2.6.8

> Any crashes of the machine are problems out of our reach. We do not use
> any scary tricks, LCDd should not be able to crash your box. Nevertheless
> it might be interesting to hear what OS and/or hardware is incompatible
> with LCDproc...

Unless there's something else going on, I'm quite sure LCDd did crash my box
(or it must the parallel port driver that's doing it). As soon as I would
start LCDd, the box got stuck (no keyboard, no mouse, not even networking).

Anyways, I seem to have something going now although I can't get normal
display. I always get a display like below, no matter what I set for the
delay (DelayMult).

yyyLLCCDoocc S
00 CCll00SSccrr

Regards,