[Lcdproc] patches and GPL

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] patches and GPL
  • Date: Sun Sep 19 13:15:01 2004

On 18 Sep 2004 at 19:15, Liberty Young wrote:

> I have no qualms about sending in patches that are GPL.

Any patches made to the source of LCDproc are by definition GPLed. This
is so because the GPL says any derived work is by definition GPLed. If
you don't want your patch to be GPLed, choose an other project to make a
patch to ;)

But we do need the names of the people who made the modifications in the
copyright lines, because they have become co-authors, whether they want
to or not.

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion