[Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Dign VFD working ?
  • Date: Sun Sep 19 13:00:02 2004

On 19 Sep 2004 at 14:39, Marcel Janssen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've tried again after many months to get my VFD (Dign case) to work with
> lcdproc. So far all attempts have been not succesful with several versions
> of lcdproc. A few months ago I still got garbage on my display, but that
> won't even show nowadays.
>
> The latest attempt was today using lcdproc 0.4.5. Starting LCDd crashes my
> box immediately (repeatable every time) :-(

What driver (and maybe what wiring) are you using ?

What operating system and kernel version are you using ?

Any crashes of the machine are problems out of our reach. We do not use
any scary tricks, LCDd should not be able to crash your box. Nevertheless
it might be interesting to hear what OS and/or hardware is incompatible
with LCDproc...

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion