[Lcdproc] adding support for off-shelf ARM board?

  • From: adulau AT foo.be (Alexandre Dulaunoy)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] adding support for off-shelf ARM board?
  • Date: Sat Sep 18 17:15:02 2004

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, David GLAUDE wrote:

> I see no reason philosophical why we would refuse integrated.
>
> But...
> LCDproc is not Open Source, but Free Software.
> Your patch has to be GPL.

David, this is not right.

http://www.be.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html

LCDproc is Free Software as the software is released under the GNU
General Public License. But LCDproc is also an "Open Source" software
as the GNU General Public License also qualified in the Open Source
Definition.

Using the terminology Free Software insists on the philosophical
aspect. The other terminology (I don't like to use it) insists on the
practical aspect.

I hope this clarify,

adulau

--