[Lcdproc] Please focus on 0.5 = CVS main branch.

  • From: leo AT wau.mis.ah.nl (Leo Weppelman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Please focus on 0.5 = CVS main branch.
  • Date: Fri Sep 17 19:34:02 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 07:44:09PM +0200, David GLAUDE wrote:
> I don't have a clue about hd44780 display... so I can not help, but
> Joris could.
>
> Without that knowledge, it is hard to judge your patch...

I am not trying to critisize you personally. Just hinting that a bit of
feedback on patches send to the list is a GoodThing. I find it very
discouraging when I send in a patch to something that appears to be a
black-hole... I am just trying to help, apart from the (initially)
flickering backlight I'm a happy lcdproc user. And I'd love to
install the next version by just apt-get-ting without local patches ;-)

> Is your wiring "non-standard" and an extension of winamp 8 bit?
> Would your patch affect user without a backlight similar to you?

I wired the backlight as suggested in chapter 5.1.1.1.3 picture 5-7
in the documentation. So I thought it to be 'standard' ;-)

> If it work for you... nice.

It does, pretty well I must say.

> If it isrequired for other... then it should be considered I guess.

Please do!

Leo.