[Lcdproc] lcdproc clients don't work

  • From: koen.vervloesem AT myrealbox.com (Koen Vervloesem)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc clients don't work
  • Date: Thu Sep 16 20:11:01 2004

Hi,

I have installed LCDproc version 0.4.5 with Debian (apt-get install
lcdproc). I configured the LCDd server and it's running, I can go
through the menu with the curses driver, but I can't get any client
connected to the server. The lcdproc client doesn't do anything, just
as the lcdwho and irmp3 clients listed on the lcdproc website. When I
try to connect to the server via telnet (telnet localhost 13666), and
type hello, I don't get any response. I did configure /etc/LCDd.conf to
listen to this port:

Bind=localhost
Port=13666

(By the way, when I configure 'Bind=127.0.0.1', LCDd crashes.)

Can anyone point me out what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Koen Vervloesem

  • [Lcdproc] lcdproc clients don't work, Koen Vervloesem, 09/16/2004