[Lcdproc] need help ID'ing a Samsung 20x4 LCD

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] need help ID'ing a Samsung 20x4 LCD
  • Date: Wed Sep 15 19:35:01 2004

On 15 Sep 2004 at 14:25, D. Stark wrote:

> Thanks, Joris. I know connecting the LCD backwards is a Very Bad
> Thing, and I'm going to try my hardest not to do that. I still don't
> know which lead is which. Since LEDs are diodes and all, will a few
> seconds of acciental reversed polarity (during the 100ohm calibration)
> kill them? I've connected LEDs backwards before, but the stakes were a lot
> lower (2 AA batteries and a salvalged LED)

For the leds the problem is not that great. They will survive a reverse
polarity as long as the voltage is not too high. That's why I used 5V in
the example. And a resistor of course, because you need to limit the
current always.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion