[Lcdproc] MtxOrb v0.4.5 - bug fixes

  • From: dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] MtxOrb v0.4.5 - bug fixes
  • Date: Sun Sep 12 12:09:01 2004

Yes,
1) BigNums is a bit buggy and has strange side effect. Nice if you can
fix them.
2) If the screen and the framebuffer do desynchronise, then some area
might not be updated since it is believed that it countain the right
thing already... so this might be a consequence of 1
3) This is a feature, not a bug...

The solution to 3) was supposed to share between all driver code some
kind of custom char cache. That idea was developped talking about what
should be in 0.5.

You should find better caracter caching code inside Crystal Fontz driver
I guess. I did not want to copy that code into MO since it require to be
made reusable.

Also, it is not really recommanded to do change in 0.4.x.

I would say that the bug fix for 1 and 2 are welcome into 0.4.x IF you
do them into 0.5 too.

Solution to 3 should be discussed a bit more and maybe not welcome in 0.4.x

Show us your GPL code (patch agains the CVS) so that we can discuss what
you did.

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let computer expert control election...
Endorse: http://www.free-project.org/resolution/