[Lcdproc] LCDd 0.5 patch

  • From: j.costlow AT f5.com (Jeff Costlow)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDd 0.5 patch
  • Date: Thu Aug 26 21:58:01 2004

Thank you for LCDProc. I think you'll be pleased with most of the new
features. The patch is large, but most of it is in the CFontz541
driver, so the rest is actually quite small and easy to understand. It
was easier for me to make one large patch than to try and break it up.

The ExitScreen and ServerScreen patch, I think, is quite useful.

The arrow keys needed some small tweaks to enable left & right arrows
when editing alpha and IPs.

Most of the other bugfixes were very minor. I think there were a couple
places where the alpha menu was freeing something from the numeric
structure. Luckily they were a union, and they happened to have the
same offset, but we certainly couldn't count on that forever or on all
platforms. There was also some bugfixes to the contrast/brightness
menus to initially display the actual value. The contrast/brightness
numbers values were different and I couldn't quite figure out why.

I kept up with all the GPL licensing issues when it was being discussed
on this list. I have put Brent Crosby's code in to the Cfontz541
driver. It went in seamlessly.

In fact, I might suggest "retiring" the CFontz633 driver unless someone
has a real affection for it. I'm pretty sure the 541 driver will
support all the features of the 633. The hardware seems to be very
similar. And CrystalFontz seems to have their datasheets publicly
available, so any discrepancies should be easy to reconcile.

=20