[Lcdproc] Samsung Parallel port VFD with HT400

  • From: groups AT dancecrave.com (AlanM)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Samsung Parallel port VFD with HT400
  • Date: Thu Aug 26 18:43:02 2004

Hi Ognjen,

Yes that's it! I had originally tried changing that when I was using 4-bit setting but never tried that with winamp mode, tried it and bang! All I have to do now is enable lcd in Mythtv :)

thanks very much

Alan

Ognjen wrote:

Have you made sure that you have specified the correct parallel port? i
had the same problem with my LCD display (Hitachi 44780 in winamp mode).
it would work on one of my laptops (running win2K) but not on my other
laptop (debian linux). found out that my linux laptop had a different
port setting (0x270 instead of 0x370) so i had to change that in the
LCDd.conf file

Also i found that my display actually refused to work in ECP mode, so i
just set it to the "normal" setting in my bios

hope that helps a bit =)