[Lcdproc] G2446 problem

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] G2446 problem
  • Date: Wed Aug 25 18:28:01 2004

On 25 Aug 2004 at 21:16, Troy Watson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I've finally wired up my G2446 like this:
> http://users.tpg.com.au/drtwox/wiring.png (26.8KB)
> (The 5V is coming from the PSU)

For the correct wiring see the source file sed1330.c. The one you have
used may be is probably different.

> 1) A few pixels slowly fade out as linux boots. More pixels fade as time
> goes on - the effect is like watching bacteria multiply under a
> microscope! The screen is darkened within a few minutes. OR 2) Horizontal
> lines appear randomly across the screen, after a few seconds the screen
> becomes a distorted mess of pixels, some on, some off. Slowly they will
> all fade to off.

It is not good to have the display uninitialized for a long time. I have
that sometimes, but it looks a bit different to what you describe. My
display is completely black or black with some lines. Then it starts to
fade.
When I boot up I have to hope that the SED1330 puts some frequency on the
line drivers, which is usually does. But sometimes after a power-up my
display does not do that. As soon as LCDd initializes the display, it is
out of the "danger zone".

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion