[Lcdproc] G2446 problem

  • From: drtwox AT tpg.com.au (Troy Watson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] G2446 problem
  • Date: Wed Aug 25 11:11:02 2004

Hello all,

I've finally wired up my G2446 like this:
http://users.tpg.com.au/drtwox/wiring.png (26.8KB)
(The 5V is coming from the PSU)

When I power/reboot the system all pixels on the LCD come on/light up (I
haven't yet connected the backlight) and then one of two things happen:

1) A few pixels slowly fade out as linux boots. More pixels fade as time
goes
on - the effect is like watching bacteria multiply under a microscope! The
screen is darkened within a few minutes.
OR
2) Horizontal lines appear randomly across the screen, after a few seconds
the
screen becomes a distorted mess of pixels, some on, some off. Slowly they
will all fade to off.

If LCDd (CVS) is started at any time, all lit pixels will instantly go black,
but no text is visable. LCDd appears to load okay and I can also use it with
the curses driver.

The parallel cable is about 20 cms long, but I still put the pull-up
resistors
on the LCD as I intend to lengthen the cable.

I'm using Kernel 2.6.5 (It's a heavily customised LFS distro) with no parport
support compiled into the kernel or compiled as a module - but I don't need
it right? The parallel ports is enabled in the BIOS, and the address in
LCDd.conf is correct. Unfortunately I don't have any other parallel devices
to test the port with.

------------------------
#/etc/LCDd.conf
[server]
#Driver=curses
Driver=sed1330

Bind=127.0.0.1
Port=13666
ReportLevel=4
WaitTime=5
User=music
DriverPath=/usr/src/lcdproc/server/drivers/

[curses]
foreground=blue
background=cyan
backlight=red
size=40x8
topleftx=7
toplefty=7

[sed1330]
Port=0x378
Type=G2446

Any suggestions? (I've crawled through the mail archives and couldn't find
anything. I hope I've simply missed something obvious, not fried my screen!)

Once again, thanks :)

----
Troy Watson