[Lcdproc] Samsung Parallel port VFD with HT400

  • From: groups AT dancecrave.com (AlanM)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Samsung Parallel port VFD with HT400
  • Date: Wed Aug 25 01:05:01 2004

Hi all,

I have been trying to set up this VFD according to some earlier posts to
this list and the documentation and am having problems. Basically the
display shows nothing. Ever! I have it working fine on an XP machine and
"smartie" so its not the display.

I have the parallel port in ECP mode, changed LCDd.conf to use Hitachi
44??? driver and winamp mode, then ran the server followed by the
display client as per the docs.

Works fine using curses interface on the screen, but with the Hitachi
one. Nothing :(

Using FC2. Tried on 2.6.7 .. 494 and 499 kernels and also the stock 2.6.5.

Is there anything else I may have missed?

Any pointers would be appreciated :)

Alan