[Lcdproc] adding leds to hd44780 lcd winamp wiring

  • From: izeman AT emailaccount.com (ize man)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] adding leds to hd44780 lcd winamp wiring
  • Date: Thu Aug 19 18:23:01 2004

hi ppl

let me explain what i have, and what i'd like to do.

i have a hd44780 lcd with winamp wiring. it is controlled by lcdproc 0.4.3
and works quite well.

the applikation i'm using is capable of driving up to 8 leds as well.
unfortunately there is no doku available and source reading (=unterstanding)
is no way for me to go. :(

so there must be a way to control A (maybe special) lcd via lcdproc and make
leds light up as well. to be honest i have NO idea how this could be done - i
just know it can be done.

at least in a way like that:

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/parallel_output.html

maybe someone could tell me how/if to do it with a hd44780 lcd - any how
wiring has to be done.

thanks in advance ...

if you need any more info pls let me know

regards ize|man

Free, simple, fast, memorable email
Become
you AT EmailAccount.com
at http://www.emailaccount.com/

  • [Lcdproc] adding leds to hd44780 lcd winamp wiring, ize man, 08/19/2004