[Lcdproc] Using pull-up resistors

  • From: bock AT blacknet.de (Goetz Bock)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Using pull-up resistors
  • Date: Thu Aug 19 12:19:02 2004

On Thu, Aug 19 '04 at 18:09, Troy Watson wrote:
> Fingers crossed I'll find some time this coming weekend to finally
> wire up my G2446. A few (hopefully the last :) questions before I go
> ahead:
>
> I've whipped up this wiring diagram:
> http://users.tpg.com.au/drtwox/wiring.png (39KB)
>
> Is everything connected properly?
I did not look up the pins, so i can not comment on it.

> Is that the correct way to connect the pull-up resistors?
Yes. This will always pull the data pins high. as most circuits can
drain more current than they can source, pulling up to +5V is usually
the way to go.

> What's the 10K trimpot used for?
It's for contrast (of the LCD)

> I only had a 4.7k resistor instead of the suggested 5k - will that be okay?
No, that should not be a problem.

--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de -- secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ / (c) 2004 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de