[Lcdproc] Getting special chars from a client?

  • From: roger AT bitfrost.no (Roger Frøysaa)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Getting special chars from a client?
  • Date: Fri Aug 13 10:43:01 2004

Hi!
I'm trying to make a client to use with lcdproc.

I would like to output Norwegian characters, and show them on both the
USBLCD and Crystalfontz 634 display. If not by direct support, then
possibly by little bitmaps or something?
Does anyone know how I can do this? I see there are set_char and icon
functions in the drivers. Would I need to specifically modify the the
drivers and protocol to do this, or can it be done from the client?

Does the (client-server) protocol support something like this?

--
Roger Frøysaa
<roger AT bitfrost.no>

  • [Lcdproc] Getting special chars from a client?, Roger Frøysaa, 08/13/2004