[Lcdproc] Keypad prob with new Matrix Orb MX412

  • From: lists AT wildgooses.com (Ed Wildgoose)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Keypad prob with new Matrix Orb MX412
  • Date: Sun Aug 8 22:20:02 2004

Rene Wagner wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 12:41, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>

>>However, nothing is happening for half the buttons..?
>>

>As someone suggested via private mail you might want to check
>the wiring of the keypad. I'm not that much familiar with the
>hardware.. so I can't comment on the likeliness of an error
>there.

Aha, yes I should have reported back, but after a quick squiz at the
docs, I realised that the thing had been delivered with the ribbon cable
incorrectly inserted so that only some of the pins were connected..!
Reconnecting got everything working.

Actually you can do literally use it like a serial port and read the
output from the thing, and this was useful to debug it.

Thanks for the thoughts

Ed W