[Lcdproc] Keypad prob with new Matrix Orb MX412

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Keypad prob with new Matrix Orb MX412
  • Date: Sun Aug 8 17:41:01 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 12:41, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> However, nothing is happening for half the buttons..?

As someone suggested via private mail you might want to check
the wiring of the keypad. I'm not that much familiar with the
hardware.. so I can't comment on the likeliness of an error
there.

Some hints (german only) are available here:
http://shop.erfrier.net/shop.php?dir=388&id=CCMXA144

(I'm just forwarding this...)

> I could
> try and wire up a windows machine to confirm that they are working, but
> I wouldn't be suprised if they work fine there.

That would at least help clarify where to look for the error...

> Looks like something
> isn't getting received here. Are there any pointers to the receive
> protocol from these devices?

There's only the documentation from Matrix Orbital.

> Could the key codes be sent back using
> extra bytes, and somehow they are being discarded?

Unless there's something going extremely wrong in the FTDI (kernel-)
driver nothing of that kind should happen.

Rene