[Lcdproc] OpenBSD 3.5 - Matrix Orbital LK204 - lcdproc

  • From: adulau AT foo.be (Alexandre Dulaunoy)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] OpenBSD 3.5 - Matrix Orbital LK204 - lcdproc
  • Date: Tue Aug 3 20:10:02 2004

Hi All,

I have an issue with the LCDd integration with the MtxOrb driver with
OpenBSD 3.5 release.

The Matrix Orbital is correctly seen as an USB device by the kernel :

ugen0 at uhub0 port 1
ugen0: Matrix Orbital LK/VK204-24-USB, rev 1.10/4.00, addr 2

But ugen is the raw USB interface, I was expecting a tty-like mapping
between the raw device and the serial USB module (like ucom or
alike). I suspect that LCDd is using a tty-like interface.

I have made a link between the corresponding ugen device to /dev/lcd
but I suspect this shouldn't work due to the type of device :

Aug 4 00:04:40 jamoigne /bsd: ugenpoll: no edesc
Aug 4 00:04:40 jamoigne /bsd: ugenpoll: no edesc

The ucom driver is in kernel and the kernel is a GENERIC#34 from the
3.5 release.

What do you think ? Is the LK204 not working under OpenBSD 3.5 ?

Thanks a lot for any information,

-- Alexandre Dulaunoy (adulau) -- http://www.foo.be/
-- http://pgp.ael.be:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x44E6CBC
-- "Knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance
-- that we can solve them" Isaac Asimov