[Lcdproc] Mysterious Driver Segfault

  • From: monmotha AT indy.rr.com (MonMotha)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Mysterious Driver Segfault
  • Date: Sat Jul 31 22:32:02 2004

I wrote a cheesy little driver for lcdproc that just talks to /dev/lcd (well,
/dev/usb/lcd right now since I'm lazy and "borrowing" the USBLCD minor). It
works great at the server status screen (0 clients, 0 screens). It writes
strings, chars, etc just fine.

I have implemented the following procedures: init, close, width, height,
clear,
flush, string, chr. They all seem to work fine. I have held off on
implementing the vbar and hbar functions until I can confirm things working.

The problem I'm having is that the entire LCDd crashes with no errors or
messages whatsoever when a client connects and tries to throw something on
the
LCD. Stracing it (which isn't easy due to having multiple threads) seems to
indicate that something is receiving SIGSEGV. Are there any functions that
would get called when a client tries to do something that isn't used at the
server screen?

--MonMotha

  • [Lcdproc] Mysterious Driver Segfault, MonMotha, 07/31/2004