[Lcdproc] ppdev & HD44780-winamp

  • From: admin AT purecom.com (admin)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] ppdev & HD44780-winamp
  • Date: Tue Jul 27 02:48:01 2004

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has tried modifying the HD44780-winamp driver to
use ppdev (/dev/parport device) instead of direct port access.

I would really like to get this working since the setup I'm using blocks
direct port access via Grsecurity (enabled in the kernel) for a more
secure system.

Any info or examples of this would be greatly appreciated. I have read the
"parportbook" doc on the subject, however I am still struggling since I'm
not the greatest C programmer.

I am using LCDproc-0.4.5 on a LEAF Bering-uClibc 2.2b5 box.

Thanks!

- Daryl S.