[Lcdproc] LCD v VFD

  • From: hajen AT ds.hj.se (Emil Hillung)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCD v VFD
  • Date: Wed Jul 21 10:25:01 2004

Hi
What brand is the VFD?
I have modified the hd44780 to be able to run my noritake vfd in paralelport mode. This since there no fre serial ports on the box i whant to run it on. Although i have som finishing job to do on it but if thi is what you are looking for you can try it. I realy would need som testing of it by some other people, espescialy people with more custom character displays, mine only supports 2 :(. So if you are intrested ore someone else is. Pleas lett me know.

//Emil Hillung.

Neil wrote:

I have a nice Lcdproc system up and running using a 20x2 HD7740 4bit parallel interface. I need a brighter display to go behind a smoked front panel and think VFD is the way to go.

The VFD I have seen is either RS232 or 8bit Parallel compatible. Does Anyone know if there is a fixed set of standards for these things and if LCDd has drivers which would run this!

Thanks

Neil Shaw
Technical Support Engineer

*Sapphire Manufacturing Systems Ltd*