[Lcdproc] Crystalfontz Driver GPL?

  • From: brent AT crystalfontz.com (Brent A. Crosby)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Crystalfontz Driver GPL?
  • Date: Tue Jul 20 19:50:02 2004

LCDProc list (especially Rene Wagner, Joris Robijn & David=
GLAUDE):

>>The question is: Could I make the GPL'd version of the program=
available to
>>you developers (through a link on our server), while leaving=
the original
>>non-GPL'd version on the site, or would that somehow break the=
GPL?

>That's absolutely possible and would indeed be the preferred=
solution.
. . .
>I'd be happy if you would go ahead and license a separate copy=
the way
>you've described it above, which would resolve all issues for us=
:)

OK. It's settled then ;)

Here is a "GPL'd" version of the 633_WinTest, including the=
"clean" CRC implementation:

http://www.crystalfontz.com/backlight/633/GPL_WinTest.zip

I appreciate all of your effort pounding the details of the GPL=
through my thick skull. Please let me know if you have any=
questions.

| Brent A. Crosby
| Crystalfontz America, Incorporated
| 15611 East Washington Road
| Valleyford, WA 99036-8523

brent AT crystalfontz.com
http://www.crystalfontz.com
| voice (509) 291-3514 fax (509) 291-3345 US toll-free (888)=
206-9720