[Lcdproc] Status of CFontz 633 support?

  • From: cdclark AT speakeasy.org (Cameron Clark)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Status of CFontz 633 support?
  • Date: Wed Jun 23 14:36:01 2004

Hello,

I've been hoping to use lcdproc on freebsd with a crystalfontz 633 =
(serial)
display. I've been seeing for a while now that the driver is unavailable =
for
unknown legal reasons. What is the deal with this? Is it something =
that's
expected to be resolved or should I dump this hardware and buy something =
could actually use? Should I call CFontz again or is the legal issue =
with
someone else?

If It makes any difference, I only want to use the display, not all the
buttons and controls that come with the unit.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

-Cameron