[Lcdproc] Proposal for a C++ client API

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Proposal for a C++ client API
  • Date: Sat Jun 19 14:25:02 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 13:19, Tian wrote:
> Rene Wagner wrote:
> > you haven't provided the full
> > code anyway.
>
> I have to make it more *deliverable*.

Hehe.. I tend to get stuck in that phase with my projects :)

> The major problem is that for the moment
> there is only a classic makefile and no autoconfigure. I am not very
> familiar
> with that.

Although I haven't done that with C++ code... writing the neccessary
autotools/libtool stuff shouldn't be that much of an issue. Also, as a
starting point we can live without autotools/libtool magic anyway.

> As soon as I have something clean, I will upload it to my web server and
> let
> you know about the URL.

Cool.

> > - Make sure to handle all communication. (Read responses from the
> > server, throw exceptions in case of errors)
>
> Already done. In fact it only handles *success* and *huh?* responses and
> ignore the other ones. There is already an exception mechanism.

I expected that to be the case but wasn't sure. Nice job.

> > - Some sort of GTK like main loop might prove useful.
>
> Don't know exactly how it works. My sensors use some threads. So there is
> only
> the needs for main program not to exit (or do something usefull). All the
> cleaning code is in the classes' destructors.

Ah, I'm really looking forward to seeing that :)

> > So, I'd be happy to see your code in the LCDproc CVS if you wish to.
>
> Sure. Let me time to have a clean 0.1 version and I'll let you know about
> it.

Thanks,

Rene