[Lcdproc] Single Pixel Scrolling (cfontz)

  • From: gomesmau AT msu.edu (Mauricio Sartorio Gomes)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Single Pixel Scrolling (cfontz)
  • Date: Tue Jun 15 22:31:02 2004

From what I have read in the manual from the CrystalFontz website, these
screens allow scrolling as little as 1 pixel. I have noticed that LCDproc
only scrolls an entire character at time with an adjustable speed. Is there
any way to enable this single character scrolling? If not, then after I add
a function to enable it in the cfontz driver, what other code would I have
to modify to enable it for all scrolling widgets?

Just as a note, to enable this feature it takes the command \022 followed by
the line # to scroll (\000,\001,\002,\003) (1-4), then scroll_step_size
which is \001 for 1 pixel up to \006 which is 1 character, and also update
speed which is \005 (52mS) to \100 (1.042S).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mauricio Gomes

  • [Lcdproc] Single Pixel Scrolling (cfontz), Mauricio Sartorio Gomes, 06/15/2004