[Lcdproc] Double Vision

  • From: gargiullo AT comcast.net (Michael Gargiullo)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Double Vision
  • Date: Wed Mar 31 02:33:02 2004

I got things running...sort of.

It's the Samsung VFD shipped with DVine cases. I compiled lcdproc, and
configured LCDd.conf (See below)

It powers up and dispays a welcome..I think..

Everything printed to the vfd is double chars though

example: when I kill LCDd I get

TThhaannkrruussi
LDDppr++LLiinn

Has anyone ever seen this... I googled for an answer without luck.

-Mike

[server]
Driver=HD44780
Bind=127.0.0.1
Port=13666
ReportLevel=5
ReportToSyslog=no
WaitTime=5
User=nobody
ServerScreen=no
Foreground=yes
Heartbeat=open
#InitialHeartbeat=on
#Backlight=open
#InitialBacklight=on
#BacklightBrightness=255
#BacklightOffBrightness=0

[input]
[HD44780]
# Hitachi HD44780 driver
# See docs/hd44780_howto.txt

Port=0x378
#Port=/dev/parport0
# Port where the LPT is. Usual values are 0x278, 0x378 and 0x3BC

ConnectionType=winamp
# Select what type of connection. See documentation for types.

Keypad=no
# If you have a keypad connected. Keypad layout is currently not
# configureable from the config file.
Backlight=no
# If you have a switchable backlight.

Size=16x2

DelayMult=2
# If your display is slow and cannot keep up with the flow of data from
# LCDd, garbage can appear on the LCDd. Set this delay factor to 2 or 4
# to increase the delays. Default: 1.

DelayBus=true
# You can reduce the inserted delays by setting this to false.
# On fast PCs it is possible your LCD does not respond correctly.
# Default: true.