[Lcdproc] lcdproc under Cygwin with a LCD on LPT

  • From: menzl AT volny.cz (menzl AT volny.cz)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc under Cygwin with a LCD on LPT
  • Date: Tue Mar 30 07:31:01 2004

Hi,

I am not sure whether it was not already solved but I it IS
possible to make it work under Cygwin with a LCD display on LPT -
my config. is SED1330 based LCD (256x64), WIndows XP and recent
nightly tarball - I believe from 27/3/2004 (as I needed the
latest SED1330 stuff). Basically the steps are:
- add Cygwin into the configure script (described in the forum
some time ago) - change timimng method to gettiomeofday in the
server/drivers as the nanosleep seems not to be actually
implemented in Cygwin, the IO method is also usable but need to
minor fix - declare port and the counter - in the code fragment:
// Assuming every port I/O takes 1us
for (int i=0; i < usecs; ++i)
port_in(port);
declaration of port and is not good and port value needs to be
"harmless" - get Port I/O Driver from
http://www.driverlinx.com/DownLoad/DlPortIO.htm, copy/modify the
.h so that corresponding standard types are used (e.g. UCHAR ->
unsigned char, etc.) - add "conditinal implementation" based on
define __CYGWIN__ into port.h - map the functions to the
corresponding ones from dlportio - add to the drivers Makefile
corresponding library for linking - e.g. "LIBS=-L./ -ldlportio"
(so that we use the driver's dll). - and finally remove the -O3
optimization (at least from the drivers' Makefile) - in my case
it was causing problems (segfault) and once removed just worked
fine

Basically that's it - you should have more or less working
server. I've also tried lcdproc - some modifications will be
necessary and not all will work (like load is always 0), but the
basic statistics are provided via the /proc in a standard way and
do work.

Sorry I have no time (at least at the moment) to tidy it
up/describe in more detail or even contribute to the CVS, but at
least this brief info might help somebody.

Regards,
Tomas

--
Surfujete pres VOLNY? Tak proc jeste nejste ve VOLNY klubu?
Nyni exkluzivne pro cleny klubu soutez o skvele ceny.

  • [Lcdproc] lcdproc under Cygwin with a LCD on LPT, menzl AT volny.cz, 03/30/2004