[Lcdproc] [Fwd: Unable to make a KS0070b display work]

  • From: ilruffo AT tin.it (Simone Ruffilli)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: Unable to make a KS0070b display work]
  • Date: Sun Mar 28 18:55:02 2004

> I've been told the driver (v0.5 only!) can initialize the KS0073
> correctly. The KS0073's when initialized in normal mode _do_ function,
> but incorrectly. The black bar means it is not initialized at all.

So mine is not initialized at all..

> There's probably a problem with your wiring or voltage levels. Check
> the list archive for some possible solutions.

I double-checked wirings (hey, come on, they're _easy_) and that
shouldn't be the problem.

I even tried to write a rough initialization procedure, but my hardware
programming skill are very limited, I've been unlucky with that trial.
Even more, datasheets are a LOT unclear, other sources says that the
controller chip embedded is actually a S6A0070, not a KS0070b as stated
elsewhere.
I rewrote the initialization procedure, no luck.

damn