[Lcdproc] [Fwd: Unable to make a KS0070b display work]

  • From: ilruffo AT tin.it (Simone Ruffilli)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: Unable to make a KS0070b display work]
  • Date: Sat Mar 27 17:04:01 2004

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Simone Ruffilli <ilruffo AT tin.it>
  • To: toykeeper AT cheerful.com
  • Cc: willfe AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Unable to make a KS0070b display work
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:39:29 +0100
Is the HD44780 100% capable of initializing correctly that display?
The only thing I can see is the first line fully covered by black blocks (normal behaviour afaik), but nothing changes when I start LCDd.
Reading the mailing list, I found the KS0073 patch message, and I've seen the ExtendedMode that has been added to LCDd.conf.
I tried to enable it but I haven't been lucky.

My display is a "Crystal Clear Technology" (http://www.cct.com.my - Incomplete datasheets available there) 16x2 and 20x2.
I tried both winamp and 4bit wiring.

They are quite el-cheapo (about 5 Euros per display), so I can send you one if you'll try to investigate.

Thanks in advance.

--- End Message ---