SV: [Lcdproc] HD44780 problems

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: SV: [Lcdproc] HD44780 problems
  • Date: Thu Aug 28 22:48:01 2003

Le Jeudi, 28 ao=FBt 2003, =E0 07:45 America/Montreal, Carl Nordlund a =
=E9crit=20
:
> Although I am a newbie w/ electronics, linux and lcdproc, I had a
> similar problem with one of my machines running an hd44780 lcd on my=20=

> par
> port. The solution was pull-up resistors, i.e connecting a bunch of
> resistors between the datapins and GND, thus forcing the potential on
> the data pins up. Then I connected the data pins to the hd44780. This
> might be the problem here?

Just to make sure not to confuse anyone, a pull-up is a resistor=20
between a line and a VCC (5V for TTL). A pull-down is a resistor=20
between a line and a ground (0V). If I remember correctly, your=20
solution was a pull-up.

Cheers,
GFK's
--=20