[Lcdproc] problem with hd44780 display

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] problem with hd44780 display
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 21:10:02 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 21:49, Heiko Voigt wrote:
> i've problems with running an hd44780 display on a parallel port.
> I get the output of some kind of chars, but i think there's a charset
> problem or something like that with my display. As you can see on a
> screenshot of the server screen:
>
> http://kbrnetz01.kbrnetz.stud.uni-goettingen.de/lcd/P1010004_1.jpg

The result looks like your display had a HD66... controller to me.
That series claims to be hd44780 compatible while it is not.
At least a different addressing scheme is neccessary.
There was a patch for this on the list:
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2002-October/006564.html

I'm not sure, about the current status of this.

> On this screen i've already commented out the title widget to find the
> char where the problem is. But now i don't find a good place where i
> can start to dump out the chars which are going to the display. Or
> maybe someone who already has solved the problem? The CVS tarball of
> today doesn't show anything on the lcd.

Which CVS branch? HEAD aka 0.5 or stable-0-4-4 aka 0.4.4?

Rene