[Lcdproc] problem with hd44780 display

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] problem with hd44780 display
  • Date: Wed Aug 27 20:02:01 2003

On 27 Aug 2003 at 21:49, Heiko Voigt wrote:

> i've problems with running an hd44780 display on a parallel port.
> I get the output of some kind of chars, but i think there's a charset
> problem or something like that with my display. As you can see on a
> screenshot of the server screen:

Did you set the screen size correctly in the config file ? Can you send
us the relevant sections (hd44780 and server) ?

> http://kbrnetz01.kbrnetz.stud.uni-goettingen.de/lcd/P1010004_1.jpg
>
> On this screen i've already commented out the title widget to find the
> char where the problem is. But now i don't find a good place where i can
> start to dump out the chars which are going to the display. Or maybe
> someone who already has solved the problem? The CVS tarball of today
> doesn't show anything on the lcd.

Does an error occur ? Did you specify the correct config file to use with
-c ? What settings are in the config file's relevant sections ? What does
the reporting system tell you (syslog etc) ? How did you start LCDd ?

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion