[Lcdproc] lcdproc (client) completely ported to NetBSD.

  • From: tobias AT portfolio16.de (Tobias Gruetzmacher)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc (client) completely ported to NetBSD.
  • Date: Sun Aug 17 22:44:01 2003

Hi,

Am Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:00:14 +0200 (CEST) schrieb Thomas Runge:
> > But the only library I'm aware of which provides the required
> > functionality is libgtop (Please correct me if you know of other
> > libs). And, unfortunately, I haven't found anything specific about
> > libgtop's current status and I'm unsure if it is a good idea to use
> > it.
>
> libgtop is a gnome project. I don't think, we should make us depend
> on that huge gnome libraries.

It may be a GNOME project, but it does not depend on ANY GNOME lib. It
only depends on the glib, which depends on nothing else. See
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libgtop2.html for details.

>From the release notes:
------8<------
LibGTop is designed to be as portable as possible. None of the
functions and retrieved information should be specific to a specific
operating system. So you only need to port the system dependent part
of the library to a new system and all application programs can then
use libgtop on this new system.
------>8------

And here is the part about GNOME:
------8<------
Although LibGTop is part of the GNOME desktop environment, its main
interface is totally independent from any particular desktop
environment, so you can also use it as a standalone library in any piece
of GPLed software which makes it also a valuable part of the GNU
project.

Thought that could be useful...

Greetings Tobi

--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://www.portfolio16.de/