[Lcdproc] lcdproc (client) completely ported to NetBSD.

  • From: gfk AT logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc (client) completely ported to NetBSD.
  • Date: Wed Aug 13 18:46:01 2003

Le Mardi, 12 ao=FBt 2003, =E0 02:22 America/Montreal, Thomas Runge a =
=E9crit :
> Btw., how about putting machine depended and machine independend
> code into different files? In the moment the source looks quite
> ugly with all the ifdef's and the lcdproc protocol handling routines
> in one. It will get even worse when more platforms get added.

I guess that would be a good idea. I hoped to have an autoconf style=20
"check for features rather than OS," but it doesn't seem easy to do for=20=

the lcdproc client.

I'd like to know how you plan for file naming. One way of doing it that=20=

comes to mind is something like batt-netbsd.h and batt-linux.h and have=20=

a batt.h including the right one. I can see one problem with this way=20
of doing things, if for example macosx and freebsd use the same API for=20=

battery, do we make two identical files names batt-freebsd.h and=20
batt-macosx.h, use one file named batt-freebsd-macsox.h, use=20
batt-freebsd.h or something else?

BTW, you might want to ask William W. Ferrell at
wwf AT splatwerks.org
for=20=

a CVS write access on sourceforge.

Best,