[Lcdproc] CVS 0.5: Win32 support in core server code

  • From: bltse AT bigpond.com (Benjamin Tse)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CVS 0.5: Win32 support in core server code
  • Date: Sun Aug 10 02:56:01 2003

Hi,

I've updated the server and shared code to support Win32 systems. I've also
checked that things still work on a debian system.

The changes are mostly to the following files:

server/main.c
server/sock.h
server/sock.c
shared/sockets.h
shared/sockets.c
shared/report.h
shared/report.c

There are a small number of minor changes elsewhere.

The biggest change is to the socket polling loop in sock.c. It now only
checks
opened sockets instead of all possible ones. The report code will now go the
Windows event log and the mainloop code uses Windows timing mechanisms.

Finally, here's a list of further work that needs to be done for a good Win32
implementation:
- Convert the code to a Windows service
- Port drivers (I've been testing with the text driver)
- Update the autoconf scripts
- Minor optimizations (e.g. the Windows timing mechanism works but could be
improved)
- Create/port native Win32 clients

Cheers,
Ben

  • [Lcdproc] CVS 0.5: Win32 support in core server code, Benjamin Tse, 08/10/2003