[Lcdproc] Priority Change

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Priority Change
  • Date: Fri Aug 8 23:01:01 2003

> I'm now testing my client with lcdproc5, but the priority scheme is
> completely different. My client now checks the LCDd version number and uses
> priority
> numbers or classes. It works, but I've got to watch out for lcdproc5 and
> hope nothing
> changes before that.

Hey very good to hear from you that you're using this feature! It's quite
difficult to get feedback on what people actually use.

> But hey, that's why it's a development version :)

You're right, maybe it wil change again ;)

> But the priority function changed but the protocol version stays the same.
> Has this a reason or is it just something someone has forgotten?

Well the numbers should still work... They are translated to background,
info and foreground priority classes.

May I ask how you used the priorities in the past ? Do you think the new
scheme is an improvement ?

Joris
--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion