[Lcdproc] bounding box

  • From: reenoo AT gmx.de (Rene Wagner)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] bounding box
  • Date: Fri Aug 1 17:53:02 2003

Hi Joris,
Hi all,

some conclusions on neccessary changes:

1. Icons:
- single character
- drivers have two options if the don't support a requested
icon:
a) replace it like they do now
b) return an error code and have the server replace it,
which allows the server to have the driver display
a workaround/replacement with one or several other
(single character) icons

2. Big numbers/characters
- should not be removed (I like the K screen of lcdproc ;)
- may be available in non-frame mode only (full screen)
- should not scroll if you ask me.
The impression of a big number/character would probably
be lost (especially for the emulated implementations
like that of curses).

3. hbar/vbar
- most widgets are defined by a starting and an end point.
So, why not do that here?
- you suggested a float based approach. I like that.

4. bounding box
- I still think it's not neccessary.
- Please, present the reasons that make it neccessary.

Regards,

Rene