[Lcdproc] Style of discusssion (was: bounding box)

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Style of discusssion (was: bounding box)
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 21:05:02 2003

On 30 Jul 2003 at 21:45, Rene Wagner wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 12:02, Michael Frase wrote:
> > >I think I aggree with Rene:
> > >* we have enough information in redering space to do it server side
> > >
> > >(that was one of the question I asked)
> >
> > render functions could do the most of the filtering
>
> All of this must be implemented on the rendering level.
> No further discussion on that with me.

Rene,
You are not open for discussion ! You talk like Michael, me and maybe
others are stupid. Stop doing that, we have to solve this as a team.

> > In normal main screen the "widget-cutting" is no problem
> > for renderer (except bignums).
> > But does nobody want to use frame widgets ???
>
> Frames are indeed a nice feature and I appreciate all work done
> on this topic, but you can't change the driver API every time
> you feel like it was merely simpler to do it that way.

That's not at the all case. Rene are you aware that your words could
easily be seen as unsulting ?

> > That should be really a problem of the driver ! (IMHO)
>
> No.
(and nothing else than this single world)

Respect other people's ideas if they have though about it. Maybe this
issue is more complex that it might seem.

> > Nobody wants an unclear render code. I think
> > driver side solution would be the nicest/best solution !
>
> It may be simple to implement for now.
> But it's wrong.

He does not write BEST for nothing.

> Also, I'm not willing to discuss a non-issue any longer.

What should I say about this ? This clearly IS an issue, otherwise we
would not be talking about it. You are violating people.

> The rendering - _all_ rendering - has to be done in server/render.c.

There is no reason at all why this should be so. It is YOUR OPINION that
it should be so.

Working in a team also involves respecting the other team members and
using the appropriate language. I want you in the team Rene, you have
done a lot in the past, taken part in the discussion and I really
appreciate that. But you visions should be put in a more mild way.

So far for my meta remarks.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion