[Lcdproc] bounding box

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] bounding box
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 20:46:06 2003

On 30 Jul 2003 at 22:04, David GLAUDE wrote:

> Joris Robijn wrote:
> > OK, so is this what you propose:
> > 1. change icon to have only single char icons
> Agree

Is possible.

> > 2. change bignum in some way. How ?
> Forget it.

I would like keep the options open for a BIGCHAR. scrollable if you ask
me. That would be a nice thing to have. If we say no large widgets we
can't have bigchar or bigscrollers anymore. I would like to keep that
open.

> > 3. change the vbar and hbar API definition to be able to cut bars at core
> > level.
> Why not... the computation is not that difficult.
> We have to recompute the start and stop character and the new promille.
> Simple mathematics if you ask me.

Yes, but isn't it a bit ugly ? I mean EITHER you _do_ promilles and the
lot, OR you _don't_. This calculation is somewhere in between. Should we
not go for a float or something to indicate the barlength in chars ? (And
then of course no promilles) Or an int indicating the fraction of the
last char ?

> Another imperfect solution would be to limit what is permited inside a
> frame... Like: "You can only put thing easy to render in a frame!"
> Or no BigNum in a frame.

OK no bignums (or future bigchars) in a frame sounds acceptable.

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion