[Lcdproc] orphan drivers

  • From: michael.boman AT securecirt.com (Michael Boman)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] orphan drivers
  • Date: Wed Jul 30 11:21:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 07:31, Joris Robijn wrote:
> I don't want to get stuck only because we want to support all devices
> that some person has ever written a driver for. We might have to leave
> some orphan drivers behind. Drivers fortunately have no feelings, as far
> as I know, so we don't need to feel guilty. Maybe we should keep a list
> of drivers that have been tested at a certain date.

It was a while since I looked at the mtc-16209x driver, but if and when
it needs to be updated and/or tested I will make the effort to do so.
Just let me know what needs to be changed as this driver is a hack, I
basically copied another driver and changed the code to teach LCDd this
LCD's "language".

So far, as of today, the current CVS version is still running fine on
the LCD.

Best regards
Michael Boman

--