[Lcdproc] bounding box

  • From: dglaudemailing AT gmx.net (David GLAUDE)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] bounding box
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 22:55:02 2003

Hello all,

I think I aggree with Rene:
* we have enough information in redering space to do it server side

(that was one of the question I asked)
>Is there any reason why this thing can not be done in central server
>code? If it is only a filtering, then what is the problem.
>
>Other option, if that filtering is possible to do without knowledge of
>the driver internal, then a generic solution can be found for all
>driver.

* doing this in driver mean duplication of the code, coding in the dark(TM)

So let's go back to the reason for doing this:
* multiple char icon:
** it could be multiple single char icon from driver point of view and
the rendering code put each piece of the big icon at the right place.
** actually that feature is only available in a few driver
* bar
** we already have enough information on the begining and end of the bar
* frame
** no one use them since it has always been broken. ;-)

I think the whole thing should be rethinked without rush.

Actually we start to have well known rules for choosing if something
must be in driver-space or server-space (a bit like linus rules for
userland or kernel-space).

David GLAUDE

--
Don't let the computer/expert control the election
Information for Belgium in french: http://www.poureva.be/