[Lcdproc] Matrix Orbital USB problems

  • From: Tobias Grasl <toby AT grasl.com> (Tobias Grasl)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Matrix Orbital USB problems
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 14:08:01 2003

Hello,

I have been trying to get my Matrix Orbital USB LCD display working by
following the instructions at
http://www.webbastards.com/projects/LK202/LK202-24-USB.html

Unfortunately I am having some problems, in that the characters that
lcdproc displays are garbage.

The BIOS screen of the display works fine, and if I use echo to the
device it works fine too. Even the keys are recognised by LCDd when
the keypad test mode is selected.

But whenever anything is displayed it just prints garbage on the
display. I have read in the list that this is often connected to an
incorrect speed setting, but I have set the speed at 19200 as
suggested and this setting also works fine under LCDC.

Anyone had any experience with this display and seen similar issues ?

I am running SuSE 8.2 (2.4.20) and compiled lcdproc v0.4.4 on the same
machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Best regards,