[Lcdproc] bounding box

  • From: joris AT robijn.net (Joris Robijn)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] bounding box
  • Date: Tue Jul 29 13:08:02 2003

I've had some discussions with Michael Frase about the bounding box and
the rendering process. Michael said he wanted to work on the rendering
process, and to enable him to do that I need to get the bounding box
function into the API. It would become:

int _set_box (int left, top, right, bottom);

This area would from that moment on be the 'enabled area'. Only in that
area placements of characters and icons would actually occur. Just like
Adobe Photoshop does that :)

I will also need to adapt drivers for this :( A side effect is that the
drivers will then all check for wrong coordinates, preventing writes at
wrong memory locations :)

If noone object I'll put it in tomorrow (yes I want to rush this a bit :)

Joris

--
Joris Robijn
<joris AT robijn.net>

// To understand recursion, we must first understand
recursion